Portuguese Golden Visa through investing into a Real Estate Fund
- Portugal is consistently ranked as one of the countries globally with the highest standards in education and healthcare. A country that is safe, affordable, stable and offers a very comfortable lifestyle.
- As a testament to the excellent schooling system, most of the population is bi-lingual and speaks excellent English. This makes it significantly easier for international expats to settle.
- A high number of International Private Schools are also available.
- Portuguese Residency entitles you to live, work, and study in Portugal. The visa applies to the whole family - Husband and Wife, Children, Parents (even the in-laws!)
- A Portuguese Golden Visa offers visa free travel to all countries in the EU Schengen Area, and eventually access to European Citizenship with a passport ranked within the top 5 of the world.
- If you become a Portuguese resident, then you have the option to take up the Non- Habitual Resident Permit (NHR) which offers extremely attractive tax incentives.
- Portugal offers a wonderfully warm and sunny climate.
- What more do you need?
Why secure a Golden Visa through a Real Estate Fund?
- Quicker than buying a property. This is now important!
- Less costs and fees - Acquiring a property in Portugal comes with an IMI transfer tax (average 6%), stamp duty (0.8%), and annual municipal taxes (between 0.3-0.5% annually). Investment into a property fund has none of these taxes.
- Tax Efficiencies - Tax on income and capital gains from the fund can be minimised depending on your personal circumstances. Conversely, property investors must pay 28% tax on rental income.
- Diversification across multiple properties.
- Investing into real assets, i.e. Bricks and Mortar.
- Hassle free investment, with all the management taken care of by the fund.
- Investing into prime properties in Lisbon, Porto and the Algarve which no longer qualify for Golden Visas with direct ownership.
- For any properties sold by the fund, investors are personally offered first access and a discount on the market price.
- No need to move to Portugal, unless you want to. You would only be required to spend 7 days a year in Portugal.
- Regulated by the CMVM (Portuguese Securities Market Commission) and the Bank of Portugal.
- Speed - quickest way to secure a visa (Worth mentioning again)