French mortgages for holiday homes or second homes
France is a wonderful place to have a holiday home. If you have a demanding career, or a busy life, being able to get away for short breaks, or weeks at a time, to a villa near the beach, or a chalet in the alps, will have a significant impact on your quality of life.
In most parts of France, the pace of life is a lot slower, and the focus is on enjoying life, with good food, wine, and cherished time with family and friends.
Arranging a mortgage to buy a second home in France, will be based on your personal income. The French banks will need to be comfortable that you can afford any existing mortgages, personal loans, car loans and child maintenance costs, plus the new French mortgage.
Each bank will calculate affordability in a slightly different way, and treat different types of income (eg dividends, rental, investment, etc) in different ways as well. So this would influence which banks we would introduce you to.
It may also be worth considering doing short term weekly holiday lets when you are not staying in the property, as the French government offers attractive tax incentives in some parts of France.
Click here for more details… Para-Hotelier Tax Incentives
Our French Mortgage Services
- French Main Residence Mortgages
- French Holiday Home & Second Home Mortgages
- French Buy to Let Investment Property Mortgages
- Para Hotelier Mortgages
- French Self Build Mortgages
- Design & Build French Mortgages
- French Interest Only Mortgages
- High Net Worth (HNW & UHNW) French Mortgages
- French Mortgages for Self Employed and Freelancers
- French Mortgages for Company Directors and Owners
- French Private Bank Mortgages
- Expat French Mortgages
- French Mortgages for French Leasebacks
- Large French Mortgages
- New Build (Off Plan) French Mortgages
- French Mortgages for LLP Partnership Status (Doctors, Lawyers, Fund Managers, etc)
- French Mortgages for Renovations & Extensions
- French Post Finance Mortgages
- French Refinance Mortgages
- French Equity Release Mortgages
- French Mortgages for American Buyers
- French Mortgages for those working Offshore
- French Mortgages for those working on Yachts
- Buying through a French Company
- Mortgages for a French Chateau or Castle
- Mortgages for a French Vineyard
- Mortgages for French Wealth Tax
- French Bridging Finance
- Lombard Loans & Back to Back Mortgages